InBC is a $500 million impact investment fund with a triple bottom line mandate to invest in funds and ventures that generate financial returns and achieve social, economic and environmental returns for the people of British Columbia.
- Summer Edition: CEO MessageSummer continues to be a busy time for the InBC team. With our Investment Policy Statement (IPS) now approved, we are fully operationalizing our processes, tools and templates to begin reviewing investment opportunities this fall. Building a strong foundation is an essential step to ensure we have a thorough process through which to evaluate investment … Read More
- InBC’s Request for Proposal – CRMInBC has submitted a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to manage its key stakeholders, including leads, applicants, recipients, and investors. This CRM solution will need to handle traditional contact management capabilities including tracking touchpoints, storing customer files, managing workflows, and assigning employee tasks. If you’re interested, or would like … Read More
- InBC Investment Roles: Live Q&A SessionsWe are building a collaborative team of fast-paced, high-performing individuals to help us deliver on our triple bottom line mandate and make a difference in BC through impactful investments. Join us for an information session to learn more about the Investment Principal and Investment Associate roles. This is your opportunity to meet our team and … Read More
- June 2022 – CEO’s MessageJune marks six months since I started at InBC and in that period there have been remarkable changes, both internally to our organization, but also across the province, and globally. The current economic climate is causing increased uncertainty within the fundraising environment, resulting in many entrepreneurs and investors pausing as they consider next steps. The … Read More
- Chief Investment Officer Leah Nguyen on Creating Impact with InBCWe finally had the chance to sit down with Leah Nguyen, CIO at InBC, and ask about her formal education, professional experience and future vision for InBC. Here is a snapshot of what we uncovered about our inaugural Chief Investment Officer and some of the thinking that will inform InBC’s investment policy. Leah’s entrance to … Read More
InBC will provide a source of local, additive and patient capital to BC’s economy by investing in early stage and later stage ventures – directly and through funds – while working collaboratively with other funders and ecosystem partners. InBC will make an impact by investing on a triple bottom line basis, and the three elements of the triple bottom line include:
Financial Return: InBC’s investments will seek to provide financial returns.
Environmental Impact: InBC will contribute to a better future by investing in a low-carbon economy to create clean energy jobs and opportunities.
Social and Economic Impact: InBC’s investments will contribute to positive social and economic outcomes for the people in BC, including job creation, advancing reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and elevating inclusive and diverse communities.